All Australian citizens must have a valid passport before leaving Australia and maintain a valid passport while overseas. All children travelling overseas, including newborn infants, must have their own passport.
- A visa does not guarantee entry to a foreign country.
- In most cases, a tourist visa does not allow you to work in a foreign country, including voluntary or unpaid work.
- The conditions and expiry dates of visas and entry permits must be strictly adhered to. In some countries, visa overstay can lead to arrest.
- Visa scams are common. Check the travel advice on Smartraveller for the correct links, or contact the embassy, consulate or high commission of the country you plan to visit.
- DFAT in Australia and Australian missions overseas cannot help you arrange visas or work and residency permits for other countries.
All information provided on this page was correct at the time of providing. Visa requirements change without notice so please check with http://smartraveller.gov.au for the most up to date information.